Our Philosophy | Our Mission | People | A Letter From Our Founder
The Seacoast Guitar Society, located in York, Maine, is a charitable 501c(3) non-profit arts corporation created to foster, to promote and preserve guitar music.
It hopes to accomplish this by
1) Presenting concerts, festivals, workshops and master classes featuring musicians from the region and from around the world
2) Creating, coordinating and assisting in a variety of educational projects that will encourage both children and adults to learn about guitar music from around the world, the traditions and rich history of the instrument, and to learn to play the guitar themselves
3) Developing community involvement in both guitar education and in the enjoyment of guitar music, both on its own and by cooperating with musicians, performance venues, schools, media outlets, music retailers, teaching programs, and audiences already established
5) Archiving, preserving, organizing and distributing recordings, videos, print and other media related to guitar music, and providing access to these materials. This may mean establishing a library, or even establishment of a record label to preserve and distribute guitar music.
6) Assembling, distributing and providing information about where to obtain guitars and other guitar-related products.
7) Promoting guitar music in the community, worldwide, on the internet, and in diverse ways to build a wider audience of listeners who enjoy guitar music.
PO Box 815 York, ME 03909
The Seacoast Guitar Society is a not-for-profit 501 c(3) corporation
SGS Home Page | About the SGS | How to Join | Becoming a Sponsor | Acoustic Tuesdays at IOB | Seacoast Guitar Showcase at Redhook | Upcoming Events | Tickets/Reservations | SGS CDs | Workshops | Guitar Talk | Reviews | Classified Ads | Guitarist Directory | Guitar Resources | Kid's Corner | Scrapbook | Press/Publicity Info | Contact SGS
Send your feedback or report problems to